Would you believe this cake is made with only TWO ingredients?!
Now, that’s a reason to celebrate! Time to pop open a bottle of sparkling apple cider because we are making dessert!
Keep reading for the recipe…
Pinterest is absolutely overflowing with creative ideas from across the web and I am completely addicted. (By the way, follow my account and I will gladly follow you back!)
The other night I was browsing around and came upon this genius concept for a three ingredient dessert using only a cake mix, Greek yogurt, and water. It seemed almost too good to be true, so I just had to try it for myself! That’s when the idea for this orange creamsicle cake was born.
Keep reading to find out how to make this Three Ingredient Low-Fat Creamsicle Cake!
Better Recipes | Tags:
Cake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Easy Cake Recipes, Easy Dessert Recipes, Halloween Party Recipes, Low-Fat Cakes, Low-Fat Desserts, Low-Fat Recipes, Low-Fat Recipes for Kids, White Cake Recipes
126 Comments | POST YOUR COMMENT
Today is my Dad’s birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy! Every year my Dad’s choice for birthday cake is always Angel Food, and this recipe takes Angel Food cake to a whole new level! I have created a lighter version of Tiramisu that is also quick and easy through the creative use of a few convenience items. Tiramisu means “pick me up” in Italian and I think this dessert will do just that for my Dad on his special day!
1 store bought angel food cake, about 8 to 10 inches
3/4 cup strong black coffee, room temperature
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
8 ounce package reduced-fat block-style cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
3 Tablespoons coffee liqueur
1 Tablespoon instant espresso or coffee powder
1 container (8 ounces) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup fat-free or sugar free fudge ice cream topping
1 Tablespoon coffee liqueur
1. Using a serrated knife, cut angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter; set other layers aside on a flat work surface.
2. In a small bowl, combine the coffee and 1/4 cup of coffee liqueur. With a long-tined fork or skewers, poke holes all over on all three layers. Drizzle mixture evenly over the tops of all three layers to soak mixture into holes.
3. For filling: In bowl of electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, and the 3 Tablespoons of coffee liqueur until blended and smooth. Spread the top of the cake layer that is on the serving platter with half of the filling mixture. Place a second cake layer on top of first layer and spread the top with remaining filling. Place the third cake layer on top of second cake layer.
4. For frosting: In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar with the tablespoon of instant espresso. Fold mixture into the thawed whipped topping just until blended. Frost the entire cake with the whipped topping mixture. Chill cake for at least 2 hours.
5. To serve: Before serving, stir together the fudge ice cream topping and 1 Tablespoon of coffee liqueur. Drizzle over chilled cake. Using a serrated knife, cut cake, making 16 servings.
Around the World, Better Recipes, Celebrations and Parties, Fast and Fabulous, Fresh and Healthy, Sweet Tooth | Tags:
Angel Food Cake Recipes, Cake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Easy Recipes, Healthy Dessert Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Italian Dessert Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low-Fat Cakes, Low-Fat Desserts, Low-Fat Recipes, No-Bake Desserts
2 Comments | POST YOUR COMMENT