Peanut Butter Banana Skinny Green Smoothie | The Daily Dish

Peanut Butter Banana Skinny Green Smoothie

9 Comments | Written on June 4, 2013 at 12:00 am , by

Time for another vibrant color in our series of fruit and vegetable smoothies!  Let’s recap:

Red:  Garden Fresh Strawberry Smoothie

Orange:  Peaches and Cream Smoothie

Yellow:  Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie

This week is all about the color Green!

There are so many “green drinks” out there, but I find most of them taste just about as healthy as they sound on paper.  If I am going to sip a green smoothie, I want it to be delicious!   I’m guessing if you are trying to slip some extra greens into your diet, you want it to be an enjoyable experience as well.

Keep reading for the recipe…

The key to this “skinny” recipe is PB2, a powdered peanut butter.  The product takes roasted peanuts that are pressed to remove 85% of the fat and oil.  The result is a powder with an exquisite peanut butter flavor that is perfect for mixing in smoothies.

2 tablespoons of PB2 has 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat, while 2 tablespoons of traditional peanut butter contains 190 calories and 16 grams of fat.  That’s a huge savings if you are enjoying this skinny smoothie for breakfast or as a snack!

I first found this at a local grocery store near my parents house outside Chicago.  If you can’t find it near you, it is available on Amazon.  Give it a try!   It’s a great way to “hide” the veggies in a smoothie.  All you taste is a peanut butter and banana milkshake!

Peanut Butter Banana Skinny Green Smoothie

1 cup spinach

1 banana

2 Tablespoons PB2

1 cup almond milk

1/2 cup ice

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

9 Responses to “Peanut Butter Banana Skinny Green Smoothie”

Alice Michael says:

I really Like this one !! I am going to make it Thank you !!! Alice

Stephanie says:

This was awesome. I substituted kale for the spinach because that’s what I had on hand. Thanks for the great recipe!

• Better Recipes Staff says:

Wonderful, Stephanie! That’s what we love so much about smoothies, they’re so versatile and you can tweak the recipe with whatever you have on hand!

Best,
      Better Recipes Team

Sydnei says:

Thanks for sharing, I made this for breakfast..

becky says:

this was great thanks. sometimes smoothie recipes have too many ingredients and i just want something fast. this tasted great and was a nice change from my pure fruit smoothies lately which sometimes leave my stomach feeling a bit acidic. this smoothie tasted more filling because of the pb2 – feels like i ate something. i will definitely add this to my rotation. oh and i added a few frozen strawberries because Im a sucker for a PBJ. :)

• Better Recipes Staff says:

Hi Becky,

We’re so glad you enjoy it as much as we do! Thanks for reading, and keep on eating. :)

Better Recipes Team

Laura says:

All I could find locally is PB2 chocolate flavor-do you think this would be good in this smoothie?

• Better Recipes Staff says:

Hi Laura,

Personally, we’d probably omit the spinach and add another half of a banana, but either way it’d probably still be delicious!

Thanks for reading!