Best Quinoa Recipe Ever – Quinoa and Black Bean Burger Sliders
Last week we took a bit of a detour with the weekly recipe contest and threw our readers a curveball – quinoa. This “ancient grain” has suddenly become a trendy ingredient. We received a wide variety of recipe submissions with creative ways to use quinoa, but one unique preparation stood out to our judges, sliders!
These meatless mini-burgers are made with black beans and, of course, quinoa. They come with a kick because of a spicy mayo spread as well as a jalapeño and corn salsa. Believe me, you will want to make these “Quinoa and Black Bean Burger Sliders” this weekend!
Keep reading for the winning recipe…
Congratulations to our winner, “girllovescake.” Lucky for us, she is also likes quinoa, because her recipe topped the charts this week!
These vegetarian sliders are hearty enough to satisfy everyone at the dinner table. Plus, with quinoa and black beans, the patties are still packed with protein.
Personally, my favorite part of these sliders is the spicy mayo! Anytime there is Sriracha involved, I’m happy. The kick from this condiment balances perfectly with the subtle sweetness in the Hawaiian buns. I bet you can’t eat just one!
Quinoa and Black Bean Burger Sliders (click here to print recipe)
For The Burgers:
1- 15 oz can Low Sodium Black Beans, rinsed
1 Lime, juiced
2 Tbsp Shallots or Onion, diced
1 Medium Jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
1 Medium Clove of Garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 1/2 cups Cooked, chilled quinoa
For Tomato Corn Salsa:
1/4 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
1/4 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
1/2 Jalapeño, seed removed and diced
2 tsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp Mayo
2 Tbsp Ketchup
2 tsp Sriracha
8 Mini Buns, hawaiian sweet buns
1. In a food processor puree black beans, lime juice, chopped onion/shallot, jalapeño, garlic, and salt until smooth.
2. Transfer to a medium bowl and add quinoa. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
1. Combine all ingredients for the salsa in a medium bowl. Adjust lime juice and salt to desired taste. Set aside.
1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for spicy mayo and set aside.
1. Form burgers using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, or divide into 8 even portions. Shape into round patties.
2. Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, begin cooking the burgers. Cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes.
1. While the burgers are cooking, cut buns in half, If desired, heat buns on a skillet until both sides have browned.
2. Top each side of the buns with spicy mayo.
3. Once the burgers are cooked, place one burger on half of each bun. Divide corn salsa between the 8 burgers and top with the other bun.
4. Serve with French fries or salad.
Celebrations and Parties, Dinner Tonight, Fresh and Healthy | Tags: Hamburger Recipes, Mexican Dishes, Mexican Recipes, sliders, Vegetarian Dinner Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes
2 Comments | Post Your Comment
2 Responses to “Best Quinoa Recipe Ever – Quinoa and Black Bean Burger Sliders”