Amaretto Chocolate Cream Cheesecake | The Daily Dish

Best Chocolate Recipe Ever! Amaretto Chocolate Cream Cheesecake

7 Comments | Written on February 12, 2013 at 5:00 am , by

This “Best Recipe Ever” contest is getting serious!  When the theme is chocolate, our readers pull out all the stops.  The winning dish features a chocolate chip cookie crust and a light as air chocolate cream filling.  This no-bake cheesecake is a sweet slice of heaven.  ”Amaretto Chocolate Cream Cheesecake” is simply divine!

Keep reading for the winning recipe!

Congratulations to “nancymanlove” on her win!  After one bite of this dessert, it is sure to become a go-to favorite in your recipe files.  Plus, it’s no-bake, so it’s a breeze to prepare.

Nancy says, “I have placed this in my freezer to speed up the chilling steps if I am in a hurry, or I make this the day before and chill overnight.”

If you have any leftovers (ha!), this dessert keeps well on a covered plate for up to 2 weeks.  It can even be frozen and thawed in the refrigerator before cutting and serving.

Amaretto Chocolate Cream Cheesecake   (click here to print recipe)

1 tsp Vegetable Oil

16 oz Your Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies, ready-to-eat), reserving 4 ounces

6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted

12 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels

12 oz Milk Chocolate Morsels

⅓ cup Granulated Sugar

2 cups (2 – 8oz packages) Cream Cheese, at room temperature

2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream

6 Tbsp Amaretto Liqueur

1.5 cups Sour Cream, optional

12 Fresh Large Ripe Strawberries, optional

DIRECTIONS:

Place a circle of parchment paper cut to fit an 10 inch round spring-form cake pan in the bottom of the pan. Brush the SIDES of the pan with the oil.

Place the ready to use cookies in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or your hand until in small bits.

Place 12 ounces (about 2/3) of the crushed cookies in a bowl and add in the melted butter and stir until well mixed. Press the cookie-butter mixture into the bottom of the parchment lined cake pan. Place the pan in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.

Place ALL the chocolate morsels in a metal or glass heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water to melt. Stir it every few minutes. This steps takes about 15 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and allow it to cool.

While chocolate cools, whip the heavy whipping cream in a separate mixing bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks forms. Keep cold and set aside.

In another bowl add the sugar and cream cheese and beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Fold in the cooled chocolate and prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and then stir in the liqueur.

Spoon the chocolate mixture into the spring-form cake pan that contains the cookie layer. Smooth the surface. Take the reserved 4 ounces of the crushed cookies and sprinkle them lightly over the entire top of the cheesecake. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.

When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator, then open and remove the sides of the spring-form cake pan and transfer the chilled cheesecake to a cake platter. Cut into slices. Plate each serving portion with a nice dollop of sour cream and strawberries (both optional). Cover and chill any leftovers!

7 Responses to “Best Chocolate Recipe Ever! Amaretto Chocolate Cream Cheesecake”

Ally says:

I’m gasping!! Gorgeous!!

Nancy Manlove says:

I am so proud to read this blog and see my recipe here in the spotlight! Thank you for selecting it as the Better Recipes Best Chocolate Recipe Ever! I am going to invest my winnings in new camera equipment! YES!

• Kathy says:

@nancymanlove —- Made this. Loved it. I am a very seasoned baker; however, had a problem making this. I did follow directions, but there was no FOLDING the chocolate into the cream cheese. Once I added the melted chocolate, even though it was cooled, it began to seize almost immediately. Not wanting to throw it out, I beat the heck out of it with my mixer. It was extremely, extremely stiff. So, again, no way in the world to fold in the whipped cream. However, took a chance and, again, beat the heck out of it with the mixer. It actually worked out and didn’t deflate the whipped cream. I did end up adding 8 TBSP of amaretto liqueur to loosen it up just right. It turned out great, although a bit of a bear in the middle of the “constructing”. Any thoughts? I did use all semi sweet chocolates, but, again, this is what I normally do for other recipes. This was a first…….. :)

Amanda says:

Looks and sounds amazing!

Miro says:

OK I’ll be honest. Plainly stated I’m not a cheesecake fan. But I saw this and…..I’m going to try it….amaeretto and chocolate….you may have won me over. Now it’s made me cravefor something until then.

Kathy says:

Nancy Manlove says:

I thank all of you for your comments. @Kathy Don’t understand why your attempt did not work Kathy. I have made this so many times over the years and it always comes out light, fluffy and perfect. My chocolate has never seized either. Many of my friends have made this and it works fine for them too. A local to me 4-diamond restaurant even make this for their Valentine Dinner and it came out as described. I apologize for not see your multiple post before now. Only suggestion is to try again!