Easy Cherry Almond Cake | The Daily Dish

Easy Cherry Almond Cake

8 Comments | Written on January 11, 2013 at 5:00 am , by

How about a fast and easy sweet treat for the weekend?  This super simple cake is made with just three ingredients!  All you need is a box of Angel Food Cake Mix, a can of Cherry Pie Filling, and a handful of sliced almonds.

Keep reading to learn how to make this super easy cake!

This cake will puff up in the oven and then deflate a bit as it cools.  I would describe the texture as similar to a sponge cake.  It tastes great cut into squares and served on its own, or with a dollop of whipped cream.

If you love the combination of cherry and almonds, you can punch up the almond flavor even more with the addition of almond extract.  Mix in 1 teaspoon into the batter with the cake mix and cherry pie filling.  When you are looking for a fast and easy dessert, this is sure to do the trick!

Easy Cherry Almond Cake

1 box (16 oz.) angel food cake mix

1 can (21 oz.)  cherry pie filling

1 teaspoon almond extract, optional

1/4 cup sliced almonds

Combine cake mix, pie filling and almond extract (if desired).  Pour into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds.  Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes.  The cake will puff up and then deflate a bit as it cools.

8 Responses to “Easy Cherry Almond Cake”

Mary K says:

Aw, thank you for this. Love all three. So happy to see an easy Cherry Almond recipe. Will definitely try.

Karen S says:

Do you make the cake batter as directed and then add the cherry pie filling or just mix the dry cake mix with the pie filling and almonds? I am a bit confused about this – if you could clarify??

Loretta says:

Just made this cake using the cake mix and canned cherries. It looks fantastic, can’t wait for it to cool enoight to try it. Thanks for the receipe.

• Elizabeth says:

I just came across your recipe for Easy Cherry Almond Cake, my question is do you have to follow the directions on back of the cake box,
      or just mix the dry cake mix with the cherry pie filling and almonds? Please respond. I want the cake to be perfect when its baked.

Kristina Vanni says:

To answer your questions, you simply mix the dry cake mix with the cherry pie filling, that’s it! No need to prepare according to the package directions first. Enjoy!

Marilyn says:

Will this work with sugar free cherry pie filling for diabetics?

Elizabeth says:

First time for me to make this recipe was on Fathers Day, It was a hit! I’ll be making it more often now. My husband didn’t believe I had made it, he said “come on now, did you make it or buy it”? he gobbled down two pieces. I had grown grandsons over on Fathers Day too, they asked me for the recipe. I’m amazed how well the Angel Food Cake with Cherry Pie Filling turned out!