Tailgate Game Day Spinach Artichoke Dip
Who’s ready for tailgate season? Soon there will be a chill in the air and football season will be in full swing. Make sure you are ready with game day treats that are sure to be a crowd pleaser! Spinach artichoke dip is always a hit.
Keep reading for the recipe!
This recipe comes from one of my favorite brands, King’s Hawaiian. Their bread is so soft and sweet, it’s hard to eat just one slice!
For this dip you will use two of their round loaves. One is hollowed out and used as a bread bowl, the other is cubed and toasted for dipping.
I love taking recipes like this one to a party. Since it is served in an edible bread bowl, you won’t have to worry about bringing back a serving dish after the event!
Islander Artichoke and Spinach Dip (click here to print recipe)
2 (16 oz.) Loaves King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg. (1 oz.) ranchstyle dip mix
1 can (13-15 oz.) artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach thawed well drained
1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts drained and chopped
1 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Carefully hollow 1 loaf, leaving 1-inch on sides and bottom to make a bowl.
3. Cube removed bread and additional loaf.
4. Place bowl and cubes on baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Blend mayo, sour cream and dip; mix together in a large bowl.
6. Add artichoke hearts, spinach and water chestnuts; mix well.
7. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
8. Transfer to bread bowl and serve with toasted bread cubes.
9. To serve hot: Stir in 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese; microwave on high 4-5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
10. Transfer dip to bread bowl and serve with toasted bread cubes. Dust with paprika, if desired.
4 Responses to “Tailgate Game Day Spinach Artichoke Dip”