Red, White, and Blue Dessert Pizza
Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial kick off to summer is almost here! There will be parades, backyard barbecues, picnics, and pool parties. Food and entertaining this time of year is relaxed and filled with the fresh fare of the season.
A colorful dessert pizza is not only the perfect way to top off a meal this holiday weekend, it is a great opportunity to showcase your patriotic spirit! Strawberries and red raspberries, blueberries, and a white cream cheese spread, top a brownie crust baked into a pizza pan. Serve it up by the slice and you are ready to feed a crowd!
1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Fudge Brownie Mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup strawberry jelly
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of a 12-inch pizza pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan.
3. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base. Arrange berries over cream cheese mixture. Stir jelly until smooth; brush over berries. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
5. Cut into wedges. Store covered in refrigerator.
19 Responses to “Red, White, and Blue Dessert Pizza”