Cracker Barrel Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wreath
Holiday entertaining season is upon us!
Thanksgiving is just a week away, Christmas is right around the corner, and New Year’s Eve will be here before you know it! With so many celebrations this time of year, I am always on the lookout for fun new festive finger foods. This recipe for a “Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wreath” fits the bill. It can be prepared with only a few ingredients, including two blocks of Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and, of course, a big red bow! Check out the video for step-by-step instructions for making this adorable appetizer.
-2 blocks, Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
-Pumpernickel Cocktail Bread
-Light Rye Cocktail Bread
Don’t forget to take your coupons! $1 off any two cheeses is available on the Cracker Barrel Facebook page.
1) Preparation and Planning – You want to be a guest at your own party! With Cracker Barrel Cheese, and a little planning, it’s easy. Prepare the pimento cheese a day or two before the party, but do not assemble the sandwiches. Store, covered, in the refrigerator until the big day!
2) Signature Drinks – Make your party memorable with fun beverages. Browse around Better Recipes for ideas.
3) Party Playlist – Music will set the tone for your party. Here are a few options:
-Fill up your iPod with your favorite tunes and hook up to speakers for all to enjoy.
-Turn on your TV to one of the cable music channels. This time of year there is often a holiday station.
-Pop in a holiday CD. I just bought the new Michael Buble Christmas album, and I am already hooked!
4) Dress the Part – Show off your style not only through your food, but also your wardrobe. Maybe add a little flair to your apron, or if you are feeling crafty, make your own! I might be donning this sparkly LBA (Little Black Apron) instead of the LBD (Little Black Dress)!
5) Host the Holidays - for more recipes, tips, discussions and more, visit the “Host the Holidays” group page.
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1-1/2 packages Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese, coarsely shredded
1/2 cup diced drained pimentos
1 loaf Pumpernickel Cocktail Bread
1 loaf Light Rye Cocktail Bread
Garnish: Curly parsley, Red bow
In a food processor, blend the mayonnaise, onion, and hot sauce. Add the shredded cheese and pulse until finely chopped. Add the pimientos and pulse until just combined. Transfer the cheese to a bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, but cheese can be made up to 3 days ahead.
To assemble sandwiches, spread Pimento Cheese onto slices of cocktail bread. Use half of the cheese to make pumpernickel sandwiches and the other half to make rye sandwiches.
To assemble wreath, stand the sandwiches upright on your serving platter. Alternate the pumpernickel and rye sandwiches. Garnish with sprigs of curly parsley and a red bow.
Better Recipes, Celebrations and Parties, Fast and Fabulous, Holidays, On A Budget, Tips and Tricks | Tags: Cheese, Christmas Recipes, Easy Sandwich Recipes, Sandwiches
6 Comments | Post Your Comment
6 Responses to “Cracker Barrel Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wreath”