Crowd Pleasing Holiday Appetizer
Everybody loves chips and dip for a party. In this recipe, guacamole is formed into the shape of a holiday wreath with edible ornaments and bows!
Be sure to check out our “Top 20 Recipes for Christmas” for even more appetizers, desserts and treats to enjoy this holiday season.
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely mashed ripe avocado (about 3 avocados)
- 2/3 cup seeded, chopped plum tomatoes, divided (reserve 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoons grated or finely minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Reserved 2 Tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Place avocado in a mixing bowl. Reserve and set aside 2 Tablespoons of the tomato. Add rest of tomato, sour cream, lime juice, onion, chili powder, cumin, and salt to bowl. Stir to combine. Place dollops of mixture in a circle on a serving plate to resemble a wreath. Sprinkle evenly with the reserved 2 Tablespoons of chopped tomato. Sprinkle with some chopped fresh cilantro. Serve dip with tortilla chips or corn chips.
Number of Servings: 4
Better Recipes, Celebrations and Parties, Fast and Fabulous, Fresh and Healthy, Holidays, Tips and Tricks | Tags: Appetizer Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Cold Appetizer Recipes, Dips and Spreads, Easy Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Vegetable Appetizers
3 Comments | Post Your Comment
3 Responses to “Crowd Pleasing Holiday Appetizer”