Crock-Pot Breakfast Casserole
Are you ready to slow things down a bit? Get excited, because this week is all about slow cooked recipes in the crock-pot! Everyday this week I will feature a new recipe made in a slow cooker. Today’s recipe is everything you love for breakfast in an easy and convenient casserole. Imagine hassle-free hash browns, sausage, eggs and cheese in one warm and bubbly dish. This recipe is great for a crowd, so keep it handy during the holidays!
CROCK-POT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
1 package (30 ounces) frozen hash browns, unthawed
2 packages (9.6 ounces each) fully cooked refrigerated pork sausage breakfast links, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
1 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
1-1/2 cups pre-shredded cheddar cheese
1-1/4 cups milk
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounce jar prepared salsa
1. Place unopened bag of frozen hash browns on a work surface and press on bag to loosen potato pieces and eliminating any large chunks.
2. Scatter 1/3 of the frozen potatoes into a 6-quart slow cooker. In order, top with 1/3 of the sliced sausage, 1/3 of the onion, 1/3 of the green pepper, and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, starting with potatoes and ending with cheese.
3. Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and whisk to blend well. Slowly pour milk mixture evenly over top of potato mixture, allowing it to soak in.
4. Set crockpot temperature to low and cook for 6-7 hours, or until the sausage is golden brown and mixture is set, but still creamy.
5. Scoop up servings of casserole and place on serving plates. Serve with salsa alongside, and pass any remaining salsa. Serves 10-12.
Better Recipes, Celebrations and Parties, Dinner Tonight, Fast and Fabulous, Holidays, On A Budget | Tags:
Breakfast Casseroles Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Crock-Pot Meat Recipes, Crock-Pot Recipes, Easy Breakfast Recipes, Easy Recipes
8 Comments | Post Your Comment
8 Responses to “Crock-Pot Breakfast Casserole”